Thursday, June 20, 2019

Gus's Big Adventure

Socks's daddy picked him up the other day, and since then Gus has been a little depressed, or bored.  So today I decided to take him on an adventure. There's not much you can do around here if your a kitty -- outside that is-- it's not safe.  There are lots of dogs roaming, there are owls, and foxes. Not that I'd let him outside anyway.

I took the four wheeler to the beach yesterday and it was so beautiful that I thought Gus might enjoy it.  I put him in his airplane carrier, because it's a little more comfortable than the hard plastic one, and strapped him to the front of the wheeler.
Gus in his carrier at the beach.
We rode down the beach a ways, but it was sort of bouncy, and I didn't want to jar the juices out of him!  He watched out of the screened sides and front, and I could see he was quiet and calm.  We didn't go for very long, but he was so good for his first outing (that wasn't to the vet)!

Before this, we went to his daddy's office.  Because, why not? I figured he could get out in a safe place where he was limited so he wouldn't get lost or hurt.  He was excited to be in a new place and explored like a mad kitty. His sniffer was going fast and he was flehmen at all the new scents. He explored daddy's toys, and didn't break anything, although he made sure to dust the entire desk.
Chad letting Gus out of the box.

No idea what he is doing.  Maybe trying to fit between plane and bottom of cabinets?

Cleaning behind the computers.

Trying to go on a plane ride?




2 comments:

  1. I like the pic that looks like he's trying to ride the plane. He's the godzilla of the airways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he swats planes from the sky! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Gus on the prowl

 So this summer Chad and I bought a house in Kansas.  Our plan was to invest money in rental properties so we can have a hope of retiring so...