Thursday, February 21, 2019

Coming Home

I flew to Anchorage.  I had some business to deal with and shopping to do, so I did that first.  Then I was supposed to meet the lady in the parking lot of the Wasilla WalMart at 10 am (I had to catch the flight out at 2 pm and it was an hour drive both ways). 

I was there about 15 minutes early, and had to run to the bathroom and get one more thing I had forgotten off of my list.  I texted the lady to tell her about my car and where I was parked. I also let her know I was running in. 

In the middle of my hurried search for my item, she texted back.  "Sorry, I just got up, I can't make it until noon or later." I have to say, my heart sank. 

I called my husband.

Luckily, this was the weekend of the big storms in the Northwest, and several Alaska flights routed from Seattle and Portland were delayed.  Mine was delayed by 2 hours.  I told the lady to hurry, I needed to catch a plane, and settled in to wait in the car and hope she really wasn't backing out.



She needed the money.  I overpaid her price, just because I knew she was giving up one of her babies, and I knew what it felt like.  She was also, as I mentioned, down on her luck financially.

She handed him to me, and I got to feel that famous Ragdoll love. They go limp and heavy and sink into you like a, well, rag doll! I held him for a while before I had to stuff him in his carrier and leave.  I worried he'd be stressed or scream the whole way since he was leaving his family and going on a bit of a scary journey.
Gus, not quite sure what to think. 

He seemed a little anxious, but he settled in like a champ. I petted him off and on thru the carrier top, and he responded by reaching up to my hand.  He actually seemed to enjoy the ride! He got a little scared in the airport, because he was trembling, but on the plane, he was so quiet, and he even fell asleep. He's a traveling ninja!

He made it home, and was immediately adjusted.  He explored, but then he kicked it on the couch like a pro.

This pic is the day he came home.  He found the toys, and plopped on the couch.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Gus on the prowl

 So this summer Chad and I bought a house in Kansas.  Our plan was to invest money in rental properties so we can have a hope of retiring so...