Thursday, February 21, 2019

New kitty?

So, my niece wanted to get us a kitten.  We did not want a kitten.  We work all day and aren't home much so we didn't have time for a kitten.  She found a few kittens.  The other issue with getting a new kitty is that we live in the Arctic. Not just along the bottom, but at the very top of the world in Barrow, AK the northernmost US town.  To get a kitty would involve at least one plane ride for the animal. 
 Barrow by air













                   

She finally confessed and showed us pictures.  We liked the Ragdoll breed from it's breed descriptions, so when we saw Gus's picture on a for sale post on Alaska's List, we knew we had to have him.  He wasn't a little kitten, he was a 10-month-old to a year-old kitten.  So, I called the lady.  He was from a home (from what I could tell) of a breeder who was down on her luck.  He hadn't had any shots, he hadn't been neutered, he had ear mites, and he had a clogged eye duct so his eye was swollen and draining.




I hemmed and hawed.  How could I be sure he was healthy?  I couldn't lose another cat so soon!

The lady said he was healthy, so, I told her I was coming to get him.




Gus with the bad eye, bad ears and balls, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gus on the prowl

 So this summer Chad and I bought a house in Kansas.  Our plan was to invest money in rental properties so we can have a hope of retiring so...