Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Haunted

When I was small, we lived in a haunted apartment.  It was a small, two bedroom, basement apartment.  The ghost was a man in a yellow rain slicker like fishermen wear.
Borrowed from: https://www.charactersunlimited.com/about-us/testimonials/
Anyway, he would terrify me even though he didn't ever do or say anything; he just stood in the doorway when I opened my door, or stood in my room and looked at me.  When I would see him, I would screw up my courage, shut my eyes and run to my parents room and pound on their door.  I never had the guts to tell them what I saw (I was afraid that talking about him would make him appear), or even that I was terrified to go back into my room.  I always said my tummy hurt, and it did, only from fear. 

I've had other hauntings in the various places I've lived, but I don't like to talk about them. My husband said that our house in Oregon was haunted by an old lady, but I never saw or sensed her, so I think he said that just to spook me.  

When my kitties died, I swear they did not actually leave.  I feel Raz jump on the bed at night, and Gus won't sleep in Raz's spot on the bed.  I find myself stepping over Jinx in the hall (my brother called him speed bump because of his love of stretching across all high traffic areas in the house). 
speedbump

double speedbump
Both my husband and I have seen glimpses of Jinx, or heard his very unique trill.  It's weird.  Sometimes Gus, responds as though there is something there and he will walk around otherwise empty stretches of carpet where Jinx liked to lie.  

The question is, is anyone else haunted by their dead pets?  Or is this the imaginative result of grief? Discuss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gus on the prowl

 So this summer Chad and I bought a house in Kansas.  Our plan was to invest money in rental properties so we can have a hope of retiring so...