Friday, March 1, 2019

Sweet Boy

Sunset off the porch of my building in Barrow, AK

I don't sleep well usually.  I go to sleep fast and hard, but if for some reason I wake up, it's over.  I was struggling to sleep last night. I read until the book almost hit me in the face, and figured this is it!  I put it on the night stand.  Then, I flipped, I flopped, I got up and went to the bathroom. I kicked the covers off, I put the covers back on, and I still couldn't drift off. (Meanwhile, the hubby snored sweetly away).  I hadn't slept the night before, so I thought it would be easy to drift off, I was tired!

Finally, Gus crawled into bed.  When Gus cuddles, he does it at 100%.  He melts; he makes little baby goo goo sounds and grunts.  He rubs his head on you and tucks himself in as tight to your body as he can.  He does this at his full length while remaining in his boneless Ragdoll state. Then he turns on the purr.  I enjoyed and relaxed, until he got to hot and went to sleep at the foot of the bed where he usually spends the night.  After that, blessed sleep for me!

What a sweet boy!

Gus asleep in my arms









No comments:

Post a Comment

Gus on the prowl

 So this summer Chad and I bought a house in Kansas.  Our plan was to invest money in rental properties so we can have a hope of retiring so...