Thursday, May 16, 2019

Jingle balls down

I've written about how much Gus loves jingle balls.  By that I mean the little cage like balls with a bell inside that jingle when you touch them.  Up until recently, if you touched or accidentally jingle jangled a ball, Gus would come running, quickly assuming the position behind a barrier so he could pounce. 

One of us would stand at each end of the hall to throw jingles for him to run after, swat, and pounce on.  It was a joyful time for Gus. 

Then, disaster struck.  Right on his nose.  He got smacked two times in a row right in the schnoz.  Now, he is terrified of jingle balls. 

You can only imagine how many jingle balls my tiny apartment currently holds.  It feels like hundreds.  Now, I can't even jingle one without Gus looking around and slinking behind the couch.  It breaks my heart. 

He still loves his feathers though.  With his new bird obsession, at least he has a feather he can catch!  I'm afraid of the day a bird does come around.  If a jingle ball to the nose is all it takes, I can't imagine what a beak to his nose would do! 

He still has his catnip toys I guess.  I can't imagine what those could do to his nose!

swatting feathers

leaping towards feathers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gus on the prowl

 So this summer Chad and I bought a house in Kansas.  Our plan was to invest money in rental properties so we can have a hope of retiring so...