Monday, July 29, 2019

Being silly

My friend Deb came over the other day.  She is Socks's mom.  Anyway, I was half heartily playing with Gus because he wanted too, but we were visiting so I wasn't paying much attention.  He was in his tree.  I've tied several things on the tree.  One is his old chickadee on a string, then this fuzzy ball thing that used to be on a stick, but it broke.  So he was playing with these and I was swinging his feathers on a stick up there so he could get them too.

At one point he had a paw on all three things.  To do this, he laid across two bars on his tree and hung his head and arms through it.

We were laughing because he is so weird.

Next, he discovered that he needed extra attention.  I was folding laundry, and that appeared to be fun.  So he plunked himself in the basket I was filling.

Of course, he is big enough that I couldn't get anymore clothes in.  Then he proceeded to stare me down.  Ugh! So to finish folding the laundry, I had to stop and pay him some attention. 
Luckily, I wanted all of my clean clothing to come with a fine layer of creamy cat hair!  He refused to leave the basket until he grew bored and let me finish!

Do you have a fresh laundry cat?  Jinx and sometimes Raz would never let me finish making a bed with fresh sheets.  I don't know if it was the fresh smell, or getting my undivided attention, but I always ended with a cat shaped lump in the bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gus on the prowl

 So this summer Chad and I bought a house in Kansas.  Our plan was to invest money in rental properties so we can have a hope of retiring so...