Saturday, July 27, 2019

Daddy's boy

I've been gone a lot this summer, and I feel bad for Gus.  He's my baby and has bonded with me.  Chad, my husband, has always been a little sad that Gus didn't bond with him as strongly.  After I was gone for a week in Anchorage for surgery, Gus bonded a little with Chad, but he was still not as close as he is with me. 
Gus asleep in my arms
For example, he'll sleep in my arms.  He'll come up to me or I'll scoop him up and he totally relaxes and goes to sleep like a baby.  He'll also let me brush him when he is in this position. He won't do this with his daddy.

So this past week, I was gone for almost another week.  During this time, Chad was also home the full time I was gone.  Something happened.  They finally bonded more.  He came up to be held once.  He followed Chad around.  He hung out on the couch by him.  

One day I get this text.  "Help." I was worried and got ready to call, then I get this pic and text. 
Gus in Chad's underwear,
"I'm being attacked.  Gus is rolling around and hanging on to my underwear (Chad was on the toilet).  Right before this pic, he had all four legs in my underwear and he was standing in them, I tried to get a pic but I wasn't fast enough.  For a moment, he and I were literally wearing my underwear." I laughed.

No emergency vehicles required.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Gus on the prowl

 So this summer Chad and I bought a house in Kansas.  Our plan was to invest money in rental properties so we can have a hope of retiring so...