Saturday, July 6, 2019

Cat Show Gus

I haven't written for a while, because I abandoned Gus for a week.  I had surgery in Anchorage and the doctors made me stay down there in a hotel for a week before they'd clear me to come back home.  I wanted to take Gus, but the hotel we like doesn't allow pets. I had to leave him in care of the neighbor boy.  I think we might have psychologically damaged him because he gets a little weird when he sees suitcases now.

Chad and I were sitting on the couch this morning playing with our boy.  He was enjoying playing with his feathers and using his daddy as a cave (Chad had a blanket over his lap).  Chad turns to me and says, "You know we are grown adults playing with a cat. " I said, "Yes, so?" He smiles and says that we should probably take stock of our lives.  We look around and the entire house is dedicated to Gus.

Gus has a fancy watermelon bed, although he sleeps all over our house.


He has a seven foot tree. 
He has toys enough for several cats. Although he prefers to shred his daddy's documents to playing with most of them...


He has his own treat bowl on our very small counter top.
And today, his daddy made him a fish pond. We have these little fish that when you put them in water, they swim.  I had forgotten about them, but Chad found them in the junk drawer.

So Chad says, "The only thing we don't do are cat shows.  We need to get a cat trailer, and all the gear and start going."  (I used to be into horses, and we had a horse trailer and all the gear for horse shows, so...)

What do you think?  Could this mug win a show?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gus on the prowl

 So this summer Chad and I bought a house in Kansas.  Our plan was to invest money in rental properties so we can have a hope of retiring so...